Dance for Primary CLPL – A creative approach to interdisciplinary dance within the Scottish curriculum
COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT – The courses scheduled in May have been cancelled, and will be rescheduled later in the year when advice on social distancing allows us to safely deliver training. Those who booked for the course in May will be given a full refund and will have priority booking when the training block is re-scheduled.
This one day practical course aimed at Primary teachers will provide insight of how dance can enrich kinaesthetic learning. This course aims to develop teachers’ knowledge of dance to support the delivery of cross-curricular dance sessions. These sessions will help reinforce pupils’ knowledge of classroom topics as well as develop fundamental movement skills.
The course will cover:
- Understanding the basics of creative dance in educational settings
- Linking dance with specific areas of the curriculum
- Using stories or themes as a foundation for movement
- Developing balance, co-ordination and fine/gross motor skills
- Resource ideas for dance and cross-curricular learning
- Fostering a creative, safe and calm environment
When is the next course?
Dance for Primary – New date to be confirmed
Where does the course take place?
Venue to be confirmed.
How much does it cost?
Dance for Primary CLPL costs £120.00 (+VAT).
This includes the full training day and course notes.
How do I book?
Booking is currently suspended.