Shake It Up: A creative approach to interdisciplinary dance within the Scottish curriculum – STUDIO BASED
Friday 19th May 2023
This one- day practical course aimed at primary teachers will provide insight on how dance can enrich kinaesthetic learning. This course aims to develop teachers’ knowledge of creative dance to support the delivery of cross-curricular dance sessions. These sessions will help reinforce pupils’ knowledge of classroom topics as well as develop fundamental movement skills.
The course will cover the following:
- Understanding the basics of creative dance in educational settings
- Linking dance with the curriculum
- Using stories or themes as a foundation for movement
- Developing balance, co-ordination and fine/gross motor skills
- Resource Ideas for dance and cross-curricular learning
- Fostering a creative, safe and calm environment
Venue: All courses will take place from 9:00am – 5:00pm and will be Glasgow based.
Cost: Full-day course costs £120 (+VAT). This includes the full training day and course handouts.
All training is delivered to the cohort in order to meet the needs of the participants. As such, those with more experience will be challenged and those with less will be supported to gain the fundamentals in which to build upon.
If you have any queries regarding the suitability of the training, please do contact us.
Full CLPL timetable below:
Keep up to date with all the latest YDance news by subscribing to our newsletter.