Dance Artist CPDs Course Information
COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT – The courses scheduled in May have been cancelled, and will be rescheduled later in the year when advice on social distancing allows us to safely deliver training. Those who booked for the course in May will be given a full refund and will have priority booking when the training block is re-scheduled.
These one day practical and theory based courses are aimed at upskilling dance artists looking to deliver, or currently delivering dance in schools. As a dance specialist you may be required to support schools and deliver certain aspects of the primary curriculum or an SQA qualification.
Delivering Dance in Secondary Schools CPD
Delivery dance in secondary schools at Broad General Education (BGE) level and through National Dance Qualifications. This one day practical and theory based course is aimed at dance artists looking to work in secondary settings. The session will cover the progression of SQA Dance in secondary schools and a range of creative tasks that will support National 5 and Higher Dance and meet the Curriculum for Excellence Experiences and Outcomes for Dance (third and fourth level).
The course will cover:
- Progression of National Dance Qualifications at secondary level
- Expectations of working within educational settings
- Lesson planning
- Delivery and differentiation
- Delivering and collaborating with secondary teachers
- Understanding the course content for both National 5 and Higher
Delivering Cross-curricular Dance in Primary Schools CPD
This one day practical course will provide insight into how dance can enrich kinaesthetic learning and be delivered throughout the curriculum. Participants will have time to reflect on their own practice and enrich their skills and knowledge enabling them to develop educational dance sessions that meet the Outcomes and Experiences laid out in the Curriculum for Excellence.
The course will cover:
- Understanding the basics of creative dance in educational settings
- Linking dance with specific areas of the curriculum
- Using stories or themes as a foundation for movement
- Developing balance, co-ordination and fine/gross motor skills
- Resource ideas for dance and cross-curricular learning
- Fostering a creative, safe and calm environment
When is the next course?
Delivering Dance in Secondary Schools – New date to be confirmed
Delivering Cross-curricular Dance in Primary Schools – New date to be confirmed
Where does the course take place?
Venue to be confirmed.
How much does it cost?
Full-day training course cost £80 (+VAT).
This includes the full training day and course notes.
How do I book?
Bookings are currently suspended.