In April 2010 we were awarded funds from the Co-Create Project to support teachers at Dumfries High, Greenock Academy, Langholm Academy and Lenzie Academy with their delivery of Higher Dance.
We had already been working with these schools through the Aim Higher Project with support from the LEARN Fund delivering the syllabus and providing CPD training for the teachers in person. We were delighted to be able to continue this support using GLOW – exploring how we could fuse dance and technology:
- The creation of an online microsite offering a range of video clips, lesson plans and other support materials for teachers and pupils
- CPD sessions covering African, Alternative Contemporary, Contemporary and Jazz styles delivered live through the Glow Meet facility
- A Festival of choreography where pupils from the 3 schools shared their choreographies through the GLOW Meet facility
- Online question and answer opportunities through the GLOW Forum facility
- 10 hours of in person specialist delivery per school.