The ReCharge programme offers dance artists in the youth dance sector and teachers in educational dance settings the opportunity to dance together, share, learn and connect with their peers across the country.
It ensures the dance leaders and teachers in Scotland can come together to focus on the future and make time for their own development. These days are for emerging and experienced dance artists and teachers. They offer a time for developing skills and practice, critical thinking and networking.
ReCharge has two strands:
NETWORK meetings and MOVE days, these are online and in person and are open to people from across the country.
NETWORK – Online discussion sessions which invite youth dance leaders and dance teachers from schools across Scotland to gather and discuss their opinions about what is needed in their sector, with time to meet colleagues and share thoughts.
- Last meeting- 23rd June 2022 –130-3pm
- Next meeting January 2023
MOVE – in person movement and development days for youth dance leaders from across Scotland to come together to develop skills, connect with peers and progress their learning. Facilitated by leaders in the field of youth and community dance practice they will leave you feeling personally rejuvenated and skilled with content for your young people.
Next MOVE day will be in the January 2023.
Past events have included:
- January 2022 – Laura Jones, Head of Creative Development, StopGap Dance Company – Inclusive Practice – online
- Autumn 2021 – Youth Arts Training sector programme – a workforce development programme funded by Scottish Government’s youth arts fund through Creative Scotland (link to the page?)
- January 2021 – Anna Kenrick , YDance Artistic Director, choreographic personal development and networking discussions online
- January 2017 – Kerry Nichols – choreographic tasks for you and your young people
TO HEAR MORE AND FIND OUT ABOUT NEXT EVENTS SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST…….
Keep up to date with all the latest YDance news by subscribing to our newsletter.