How You Can Help
YDance needs your help to ensure that we can provide free or affordable dance opportunities so that young people can have the chance to experience dance and gain some of the real benefits of taking part.
Each year we receive funding from Creative Scotland, Big Lottery Fund and Paul Hamlyn Foundation, however we still need to raise money to give around 13,000 young people across Scotland the chance to dance.
By making a donation you can help us continue our work in increasing access and participation, education and talent development. We welcome donations of any size. Here are some examples of what your donations can help us achieve.
- £10 helps pay for a crèche for our teenage parenting project
- £20 contributes to the cost of a teacher training day so that more dance is taught in Scottish schools
- £50 contributes to the cost of a free dance workshop
- £100 covers half a day studio hire for our Horizons inclusive dance group
A regular donation supports our ongoing participation and talent development programmes.
- £5 a month would help young people in local youth dance groups to take part in YDance Routes learning and performance programmes
- £10 a month would help us pay for a choreographer for Project Y
- £20 a month would help us develop new work for the National Youth Dance Company of Scotland
With your help we can run dance activities that transform the way that young people see themselves, they can learn new skills, become more physically active and grow in confidence and motivation.
Thank you for your support.
Please donate here.