Hothouse is a FREE online choreographic training programme for ages 14 – 21 run by YDance in partnership with Scottish Ballet and regional partners in Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Paisley which is designed to inspire and develop the next generation of choreographers.
Hothouse will help you develop as a young choreographer by:
- Developing your choreographic skills, knowledge and understanding
- Developing your unique movement language and ways to work with a range of stimuli
- Developing your leadership skills and confidence
- Developing knowledge in dance and movement for camera and working with a site
- Exposing you to positive role models within the industry
- Encouraging your own creative independent voice and unique style
- Supporting you as young emerging artist to create a short dance film (Level 2 – IGNITE only)
Hothouse involves two levels:
Level 1 – SPARK
Inspirational workshop delivered via Zoom where young people aged 14 – 21 years with an interest in choreography can develop their knowledge and skills as choreographers. Two participants from each regional Level 1 – SPARK will be selected to move on to Level 2 – IGNITE.
Level 2 – IGNITE
Level 2 supports 8 young choreographers selected from Level 1 to develop a dance film. Through a programme of skills development weekends and mentoring, young chorographers will gain the knowledge and confidence to develop their own short dance film, with their own dancers, in their own community, mentored by staff from YDance and Scottish Ballet.