Hothouse is a FREE choreographic training programme for ages 14 – 21 run by YDance in partnership with Scottish Ballet and regional partners Dance Base, Scottish Dance Theatre and Citymoves. The programme is designed to inspire and develop the next generation of choreographers.
Hothouse involves two levels:
Level 1 – SPARK
Inspirational day at regional centres in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen where young people aged 14 – 21 years with an interest in choreography can develop their knowledge and skills as choreographers. Two participants from each regional Level 1 – SPARK will be selected to move on to Level 2 – IGNITE.
Level 2 – IGNITE
Level 2 supports young choreographers selected from Level 1 to develop a new piece of original choreography for performance. Through a programme of skills development weekends in Glasgow and mentoring, young choreographers will gain the knowledge and confidence to develop their own piece of choreography, in their own community, mentored by staff from YDance and Scottish Ballet.
To take part in Hothouse you must:
- Be aged between 14 and 21
- Be from or living in Scotland
- Have an interest in creating your own choreography
- Have a desire to develop your choreographic skills and knowledge.
We encourage dancers from a variety of dancing backgrounds to take part.
What are the benefits of Hothouse?
Hothouse will help develop young choreographers by:
- Developing their choreographic skills and knowledge
- Exposing them to positive role models within the industry
- Encouraging their own creative independent voice and unique style
- Supporting them as young emerging artists to create a piece for performance (Level 2 – IGNITE only)
What costs are involved?
There is no charge to take part in Hothouse – it’s FREE!
When is the next Hothouse course?
We will announce dates for Hothouse 2020/21 in summer 2020.
How do I book?
Bookings for Hothouse 2020/21 will open in August 2020.
Sign up to our newsletter to stay informed of when bookings open.