NYDCS audition information
Hello! We look forward to meeting you at the audition on Saturday 16th September 2023 from 1pm-4pm.
West College, Renfrew Road, Paisley, PA3 4DR
What will happen on the day?
- When you arrive, you will be given a name sticker to wear and shown where the toilets and water fountain are.
- We will have a group introduction chat to start and meet the other participants.
- You will take part in a 45 min technical contemporary dance class
- You will learn some NYDCS dance material and asked to create some of your own material
- You will take part in a creative choreographic workshop – this is where you can use any style of dance you feel most comfortable in.
What should I know?
- Arrive in clothes you feel comfortable dancing in
- You can dance in bare feet, socks or jazz shoes
- Bring a water bottle and a snack for the break
- Tie hair back
- Be confident and enjoy the experience
Who will lead the audition?
When will I find out if I was successful?
- You will receive an email by Friday 22nd September telling you if you gained a place.
- We take 12 dances for the company.
- We wont give any feedback, just try again next year if you are unsuccessful this time!