The Project Y Performance Course
Project Y is the only intensive dance training programme in the UK offering young dancers aged 16 to 25 the experience of creating, rehearsing and performing as part of a touring contemporary dance company.
Spending four weeks during summer as a member of the Project Y Company, dancers work with four choreographers to create and rehearse four new dance works before performing in venues across Scotland in the annual Project Y Tour.
To take part in the Project Y Performance course you must:
- Be aged between 16 and 25
- Be able to commit to all rehearsal and performance dates
You DO NOT need to be in full time training to take part in the Project Y Performance Course.
What are the benefits of the Project Y Performance Course?
Dancers in the Project Y company will:
- Gain experience of creating and performing as a company member
- Work with choreographers who have different processes, styles and movement
- Be involved at the heart of the creative process
- Gain experience of being in a technical rehearsal and performance process
- Tour and perform in large scale, well-known venues across Scotland
- Develop and strengthen their contemporary dance technique and creative skills
- Gain invaluable experience of what it’s like to rehearse and perform as a professional dancer.
What costs are involved?
The Course Fee for Project Y is £550, but thanks to funding from the Leverhulme Trust all participants will be awarded a £200 grant towards the fee. Participants will therefore only be liable to pay £350.
After you have been accepted for Project Y, we will give you a fundraising kit with helpful information and tips including names of trusts or local authorities who might be able to give you financial help towards your fees.
When is the next Project Y Performance Course?
The next Project Y Performance Course will take place from 6th July to 2nd August 2020.
How do I apply?
Applications for the Project Y Performance Course 2020 will open on 10th December 2019. Auditions will be held in March 2020.
See the Apply Now page for information on how to apply.
The Project Y Performance Course is supported by the Leverhulme Trust.